CAMB Online Tool Readme
This interface was developed by the LAMBDA team; any questions regarding it should be
directed to LAMBDA.
Information regarding CAMB can be found at:
The data input form HTML page does not define a complete web page. However, it
does completely define the interface form. The enclosed CSS file must be
used to a little data entry verification and to display/hide inputs as different
form to work.
The two pivot points affect how the spectra are normalized; these default to values
appropriate for comparing output to WMAP spectra (0.002) instead of the CAMB defaults
- A local copy of CAMB. This interface was originally developed using the April 2005
release; it has been updated to work with the January 2011 release.
- The form processor was written in Perl, and has been tested using Perl V5.8.2.
- GnuPlot is used to draw plots of some of the results. It has been tested with
- The CGI module that should come with a standard Perl installation.
- The HEALPix synfast application may be used to create simulated maps from
the output spectra.
- This application was designed and tested on a Linux operating system.
There are four files in this tarball:
- Readme.txt - This file.
- camb_form.html - The HTML that defines and lays out the form.
- camb.css - A Cascading Style Sheet file used by the HTML to layout for
contents of the form.
- camb_proc.pl - The Perl script that processes the form inputs, runs CAMB,
and displays the output. The Results function should be
modified to define your own layout.
0) Download and install CAMB and GnuPlot.
1) Copy the Perl script into your CGI directory.
2) Create a camb directory under the web site's document root directory; create
and output directory under it.
3) Modify the Perl script to reflect your environment, modifying the constants
at the head of the file and the Results function to reflect your site layout.
Ensure that the Perl executable path in the first line points to your
4) Create a web page for the form, using the camb_form.html file as a starting
point. Be sure to include the CSS file in this page's header.
*** Change History
-- Initial version.
-- Synfast support.
-- Default parameters updated.
-- Default parameters updated. Support for the parameters supported by the
September 2008 version of CAMB.
-- Verified to work with the January 2011 version of CAMB.
-- Parameters updated to those accepted by the April 2014 version of CAMB.