LAMBDA provides a small collection of conversion utilities:
- Astronomical Coordinates Converter -
This tool transforms a set of input coordinates into the following coordinate
The input coordinates may be in Celestial, Ecliptic, Galactic, or Super
Galactic coordinate systems.
- Super Galactic
- HEALPix pixel number
- Astronomical Time Converter -
This tool transforms a time specification into the following formats:
The input time may be in any of these formats. See the converter for
descriptions of the different formats.
- GMT in the American Date Format
- GMT String
- Julian Day
- Reduced Julian Day
- MAP Reduced Julian Day
- MAP Time-Ordered Data Timestamp
- HEALPix Pixel Coordinates - A collection of 'skymaps' containing
the sky coordinates of each pixel. Galactic, Ecliptic, and Celestial coordinates are supplied for both
HEALPix pixel ordering scheme at several
We hope you find these utilities useful and would welcome suggestions for
improvements and for other utilities.